Sunday, May 10, 2015

FABRIC MANIPULATION AND FAT


Since I decided that being overweight is something that I could seek personal inspiration from, I decided that FAT is going to be the main route I'm going to take forward. Finding and image in Vice has pushed me to take close up shots of my own body to use as my primary research.





 Using a piece of fabric and tying it around my belly has inspired me to use tights. Tights represent the skin very well. I decided I'am going to stuff them and try to remake fat rolls using just those materials. I have then used a stretchy thin jersey to mould around the shapes. I have decided that although this looks very interesting, it looks a little bit too realistic for my asthetic and decided I will use something that would represent a child to create more shapes, I decided to use baloons as well as stuffed tights.








Here I have experimented by creating different shapes and deforming the body. The balloons worked very well and have given me a lot more interesting shapes to draw from. After pinning on the constructions I have done some mixed media drawings.






No comments:

Post a Comment