Sunday, May 10, 2015

EXPANDABLE FOAM

Thinking about more interesting materials I could use, I came up with expandable foam. Bein the outcast in my class and instead of bringing another bag full of fabric I decided to bring a bag full of cans of expandable foam. Although since Glasgow art burnt down, art schools don't approve on using expandable foam inside the buildings. I had to spray the foam outside. I'm not going to lie it is the most annoying thing to work with, it sticks to everything and is super flammable. Me being me, not caring about the whole health and safety system decided not to cry over the fact I have to work outside but just get on with it.

 As my first experiment I decided to loose the stuffing but keep the tights. I sprayed the foam in the tights, a few cigarettes later the shape wasn't interesting enough and to be honest I didn't really enjoy what I was seeing. I started to doubt my idea.

I have decided to just loose the tights.



I then experimented painting over the foam with acrylic paint to see if the color was easy to change.
It turns out that to get the interesting shapes using expandable foam I will have to just spray straight onto the body or mannequin. Otherwise the shapes will not be as interesting and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment