Saturday, April 4, 2015

RESEARCH 1

It's 19:22 and I'm sat in my over sized t-shirt, a pair of Calvin Kleins and some old slippers, about to start a blog about fashion, but not another blog for every reader. I'm bored of being restricted at college, home and everywhere I go, so this will hopefully be bullshit free but full of freedom of expression. I'm writing to you because, not only will this look good on my uni application next year but will also let me document my work, thoughts on other designers and artists work and express my opinions and different approaches towards fashion and art.
I missed having a blog, so here I'am again, taking a less fake 'fashion blogger' approach and more of a real fashion student view on things. 

I'm going to begin with a mood board I created for my Final Major Project at college. For this brief we got a word Metamorphosis. After coming up with a lot of concepts I finally decided to stick to one. Becoming a teenager. Something that we all experience, some experience it in a good way, some just turn into a hormonal mess and others, well, they choose to express, shock and seek the attention. And that's the kinda kid I'm inspired by. 


On my mood board I have included photos that I associate with pain, loneliness, partying and drug abuse, blah blah blah. I have also taken inspiration from Club Kids.This brief I'm all about the hidden concepts within the garment, use of interesting fabrics and gender PLAY, because being this age is meant to be all about FUN and PLAYING.

I then started looking at some cool designers to get inspired when it comes to the actual garment and not the concept. It was SOOOOO hard finding inspiration that would really well fit with this concept. After talking to one of my tutors they finally gave me 2 names I was definitely interested in researching, I hate when they give me names of some boring ass designers who I couldn't give less shit about.



Meadham Kirchoff, my new favourite duo, ED and BEN have smashed it for the S/S 15 RTW collection, models picked out from the streets, holes, hanging tampons, bows, boy in skirt, tassels, batty boy. The great use of colours and the amazing fun they have breaking the stereotypes of gender in their design is something that really makes me excited for the future of fashion and also inspires me to continue the legacy of artists who believe in NO GENDER in fashion.


Another catwalk from S/S 15, Ed Marler, young, nip slip, stitch game strong, feminine, nylon, headpiece, over the top, mum, glam, fur, fierce, animal print, feathers, boys? girls? The suttle colours with very interesting cuts and stitching is just, wow. The great way to use fur, dyed. Feathers is something I haven't experimented with and I think it would be cool to coat them in silicone and other substances, loosing feathers is almost like loosing yourself, with every feather there is less of you. I also really like the headpieces and over sized earrings, there is something funny yet serious about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment